One of the most frequent questions that we get from physicians at Call Scheduler is "how do I get my call schedule into my iPhone"? I thought that this might help not only our users but others who are using similar technology. Be sure to follow the directions carefully. If you have any questions you can call us at 877-435-8826.
To Get your call schedule from Call Scheduler into your iPhone:
1. If you are using Call Scheduler Classic or Lite you are going to need to log-in to the application at login.call-scheduler.com.
2. Navigate to "White Board" and choose "ICalendar Export"
3. Now you should see a red bar that says "Add/Edit iCalendar." Click the Add button at the right end of the bar.
4. This brings you to a list of all of the providers that take call. Choose a name for your calendar in the "Calendar Name box" and uncheck all the boxes except the one by your name.
5. Click the "Save" at the bottom of the screen.
6. Next, on the iCal Export screen, you'll see a link that begins, http://login.call-scheduler.com/ical/....
7. Right-click on that link and select "Copy link location" (Firefox) or "Copy shortcut" (IE).
8. Open your email program and start a "new message" to yourself. In the body of the message, "right-click" and select "paste". You should now see the link in your email message. It should end with ".ics"
9. Click "send" and email the link to yourself.
*** Now, switch to your iPhone:
10. On your iPhone, open up your email and read the message with the link. Hold your finger on the link, and a menu should pop-up from the bottom of the screen. Tap "Copy" (NOT "Open").
11. On your phones home/main screen go to the "Settings" (the icon with the gears).
12. In settings, find "Mail, Contacts, Calendars". Under "Accounts", click "Add Account..."
13. Click "Other", then "Add Subscribed Calendar".
14. Hold your finger on the box that says "Server", then release. You should see a black button that says Paste. Tap that. Now you should see the tail end of your link in the server box, ".../Call-Scheduler.ics"
15. Tap "Next", then after ten or twenty seconds, you should see "Subscribed Calendar account verified".
16. Tap the box by Description. Delete its contents (the link), and type "Call Scheduler - My Call" (without quotes). Then tap "Save".
17. Now exit out of "Settings" and go to the built-in Calendar application on your phone. At the top left corner, tap Calendars. At the bottom of the list, under Subscribed Calendars, you should see your very own "Call Scheduler - My Call". Tap that.
18. You're done, you should see your call schedule.
KEY TAKEAWAY: If you are spending time manually entering your on-call assignments into your iPhone, you don't need to. There is a simple way to automate this process. Remember this is a live subscription, when a change is made to your call schedule at your clinic, it will automatically update your phone!